Major structural renovation under the project for modernisation of the Mont Cenis/Fréjus railway tunnel on the line from Modane to the Italian border. The work was combined with enlargement to the European railway traffic gauge and safety enhancements in the French section, i.e. in 7 km of tunnel.
Package No. 1 involved civil works and Package No. 2 communication-voltage and power-voltage systems.
- Track removal and relaying
- Masonry repair
- Upgrading to loading gauge GB1
- Lowering of the track formation
- Creation of recesses and a reservoir
- Civil works outside the tunnel
The consortium was also in charge of the integrated ventilation system, under a firm contract, supply of locomotives, and renewal of track between Modane and Fréjus.